Interdisciplinary workshop for minimally invasive treatment of the hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Registration Conditions
The treatment of patients suffering from hepatocellular carcinoma requires a well-developed interdisciplinary teamwork. The two-day course is targeted at advanced surgeons and radiologists. Multi-modal treatment strategies for HCC patients are presented by renowned specialists, and prepared cases are discussed. Furthermore laparoscopic liver resection procedures and the creation of biliodigestive anastomoses as well as radiological methods of chemo- or radio-embolisation are taught in a detailed hands-on session in the animal lab. Augmented Reality concepts for laparoscopic liver resection are presented. The combined participation of surgeons and radiologists not only deepens the mutual understanding of subject specific methods and their applicability, but also fosters interdisciplinary cooperation.
Maximum number of participants: 10-12
Surgeons and radiologists with experience in treatment of patients with HCC
The participants value the excellent practical exercises including fundamental theoretical presentations.
Conference room, laboratory near Magdeburg, Germany
• Interdisciplinary treatment of HCC per guidelines (hepatologist)
• Interventional methods for treating intermediate stage HCC (radiologist)
• Video demonstration: Indication and techniques of laparoscopic liver surgery for HCC (surgeon)
• Interdisciplinary case discussion
• Video: Augmented Reality visualisation of liver tumours in the hybrid operating theatre
• Embolisation procedure of the liver: (Siemens ARCADIS Avantic4)
• SIRT preparation with coil embolisation
• SIRT performance with particle embolisation
• Selective TACE with various particles and methylene blue colouration of liver segments
• Laparoscopic partial liver resection:
• Intra-surgical ultrasound and bile duct visualisation using fluorescence
• Creation of biliodigestive anastomosis
• Hand-assisted and purely laparoscopic partial liver resection
• Dissection methods: SonoSurg®, WaterJet, CUSA®, Thunderbeat®, LigaSure, Stapler
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations received up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will charge the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing. You have general questions or booking requests?